Java Developer (TO-47F66)
Found in: Neuvoo
Morgan Stanley is seeking an experienced Java developer to help advance its market-leading options & futures algorithmic trading engine. The role involves building, deploying & supporting trading strategies, analytical tools, scalable trading engine infrastructure, working as part of a fast-moving IT / quant / trading team. This role will work on Morgan Stanley's equity algo trading plant building, deploying & supporting trading strategies, analytical tools, scalable trading engine infrastructure, working as part of a fast-moving IT / quant / trading team. Top-notch core Java development skills and a track record building resilient, scalable message-driven systems is a must-have.
This is an agile, front-office role facing off with the business and as such strong communication skills and ability to work in a team is essential. Candidate must have electronic trading knowledge: options / cash / ETF / futures preferred; liquid rates / FX acceptable. Previous experience in a systematic trading environment (market maker, quant fund, sell-side inventory management) highly desirable. Knowledge of KDB or client side Java development would be nice to have.
* You will be using core Java development to build and enhance algorithmic trading systems
*The role involves working directly with the global trading, quant and IT teams to advance the platform and the businesses it serves.
* The project portfolio is varied, spanning automation of existing and new workflows, improvements to system performance and capacity, new and existing algorithmic logic development and the generation and analysis of trading signals & data
* You will be involved in the full software development lifecycle from discussing and agreeing requirements, formulating designs developing and deploying the changes.
* The systems you will work on are high volume, low latency, resilient, scalable and message-driven based on cutting edge Java and utilising the latest hardware.
* Strong Java knowledge in a UNIX/Linux environment.
* Strong communication skills and ability to work in a team
* Experience of working on and developing high volume, resilient, message-driven systems
* Experience of working in an agile environment
* FS Experience not required for this role.
* Developing system for automated market making and/or algo trading in high volume markets: equities, FX, liquid rates, etc.
* Low-latency messaging middleware pub/sub technologies.
* Electronic trading & market knowledge: options / cash / ETF / futures preferred; liquid rates / FX. Option pricing and trading would be an advantage.
* Experience of Risk systems
*Previous experience in a systematic trading environment (market maker, quant fund, sell-side inventory management) highly desirable.
*Track record working in a front-office environment, working directly with trading and quantitative strategists to formulate requirements and solutions and delivering them promptly and safely to production.
* Knowledge of KDB or other time series data analysis systems
* C# WPF GUI and/or Java Swing GUI development
* OS level debugging/performance tuning
2 days ago
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates