Java Developer - Vice President (TO-1CC66)
Found in: Neuvoo
Job Level:Vice President
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees.
We are a global financial services firm that is leveraging technology to its highest potential. We’re looking for talented technologists to join our team.
- To work for the firm that attracts some of the brightest talents like Bjarne Stroustrup, the inventor of the C++ language
- A supportive and vibrant multinational environment, we accept individual differences and believe
- Professional development opportunities including access to Morgan Stanley’s world-class internal
- An open door to have continuous dialogue with our senior leaders - an environment where you are truly listened to
- A competitive compensation and benefits package including eligibility for an annual bonus and flexible working arrangements (work-time cycle and opportunity to work from home)
- Develop IT systems covering various aspects of the business run by our FID Credit department
- Have the opportunity to work in close collaboration with our business user and to learn business concepts like how certain financial products and financial markets work
- Participate in every stage of the lifecycle of an IT system ranging from gathering the requirement and designing solutions and writing code to helping our support organization to answer the most interesting user questions
- Work on a diverse technology landscape involving various programming languages (Java, C#), data management systems, CI/CD pipeline (Jenkins)#LI-AS1
- Sharp analytical and problem solving skills
- A good command of English and very strong communication skills
- OOP design skills with ability to understand and enhance other people’s code, to work in an environment where developers will oversee and work on wider components also to deal with older “legacy” code
- Strong Java skills with the willingness to pick up the other language
- Spring knowledge is an advantage, strong willingness to learn, work with in-house developed frameworks is a must
- Familiar with XML and SQL
- Prior experience in working with Git, Bitbucket, Jenkins, working with PR-s, using JIRA
- BSc or MSc in any relevant field of IT/Engineering area is an advantage
- 5+ years of prior working experience
As part of a global team we are working on front office projects related to trading corporate products. This is growing business and a priority for Morgan Stanley fixed income division. As this market is becoming standardized, there is more focus on automation and developing new tools for pre trade analysis. The role will require frequent interaction with trading desk, analysis of existing systems/functionality, design, implementation, production roll out and subsequent support and maintenance. You will be working on servers used for pre-trade analysis, inquiry management, trade booking and real time risk and P&L maintenance. These servers connect to external applications such as Bloomberg and multiple internal Morgan Stanley systems to provide comprehensive view of market trading activity.
Morgan Stanley provides a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, achieve and grow. You will be exposed to a truly international and multi-cultural environment that appreciates and respects individuality. Our state-of-the-art offices in the City Centre have been designed to maximize collaboration.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
19 hours ago
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates